Welcome to Gippsland the Lifestyle
A glimpse in the Summer 2017-18 issue:
We all love a FESTIVAL.
- Mirboo North Italian Festa is on Sunday 11 February – FOOD FOOD FOOD – Over 40 food stalls, Entertainers, Market Stalls, Kids’ Activities, Drinks, Cooking Demonstrations and Nonna’s secret recipe exhibition.
- Bruthen Blues and Arts Festival is on 16-18 February – ‘under the sun and moon the music will be twanging‘. You can dance the night away the the Big Blues Bash in the pub or just chill out at the blues cafe in the hall. And there is a street parade on the Sunday.
- Sixth Annual Sale Music Festival Picnic on the Green is on Sunday 11 March – Light refreshments are provided for sale, BYO your food, drinks, blankets and chairs. There are free children’s activities. Beautiful setting by the lake at the Sale Botanic Gardens.
- Grand Ridge Harvest Festival is on Saturday 17 March. This will be held at the Carrajung Memorial Oval – Food, Drinks, Artists, Musicians, as well as Stalls, Workshops on the Sunday and a Long Table Lunch on the Sunday.
- Opera by the Lakes on Sunday 18 March. At Nyerimilang Heritage Park near Lakes Entrance. Gates open at noon. Featuring Pirates of Penzance, SHANUL SHARMA and GEORGIA WILKINSON.
- Catch up with what MORE is happening in summer by going to our Regular Features. What is in store for you in the Stars for Summer by Kerry Galea and see how you can cultivate and become aware with your situation, see Erin Miller’s article. What tips has Craig of Traralgon Growmaster, got for us this upcoming warm Summer. See Features for Jim of Image Direct’s tips on getting found at top spot on Google search results. There is also our favourite, Canine Corner, and Arts, Markets and Events, Training your Retriever with Trevor Stow, John Turner’s interesting research, Cycling tips, The Watch Maker by Curtis Jewellery Bairnsdale…..and on and on…..
- Gippsland’s food + wine + accommodation – focusing on our extraordinary winemakers, our abundant and wonderfully diverse stays and of course our amazing food providers. Our wine and food writers, Wendy Morriss, Stuart Hay, Frank Butera, Brendan Black and Rebecca Twite deliver engaging stories on our makers and providers. DON’T MISS these wonderful reads and images. And find out where Stu has been visiting to bring you his reviews on the food and wine.
- We have two town features in this issue – come and visit Noojee with Wendy Morriss – wonderful reads!
- The other is Wonthaggi – Gippsland’s Black Coal Town outlined by Lyn Skillern; and read Lisa Maatsoo’s story on the thrilling news for the Wonthaggi Secondary College. Also Chris West interviews Bass Coast Health’s CEO and we find out more exciting news is coming for the benefit of the community.
- AND did you know that the board game ‘SQUATTER‘ was invented by a Gippslandian? Read Lauren Murphy’s passionate story of how the game came to be, in the interview with Richard Lloyd.
There are many more stories in the Summer bumper edition. Gippsland Lifestyle magazine strives to provide interesting, inspiring and diverse stories, and if you are lucky enough to get some time off over the Summer, relax and enjoy, and remember you can read the past editions on issuu.com.
And click on where to buy a copy to obtain the Gippsland Lifestyle magazine with these amazing stories.